Bethlehem High School Art students recently did a photography project at Five Rivers. The results of their work (some of them very lovely) are now posted on Facebook. You don't have to be a FB member to visit the page and have a look for yourself. And if you're given the option to "like" Friends of Five Rivers, I hope you will.
Another, much sillier, Friends of Five Rivers-related effort is currently underway. I got together with a couple of fellow Board members this afternoon to start work on an adult-sized owl costume. We're hoping it will become a big hit at events like the Fall Festival, or down at the Farmers' Market, Unfortunately, although the rest of the Board was in favour of us making the thing, I've yet to hear any of them volunteer to wear it...
And in other news... The Girl has found a way to capitalise on her still-rather-British accent. Constantly bugged to "Say something!", today she put up a sign at lunchtime that read: Will speak for food.
Astonishingly, it worked. In return for saying "tomahhhto" she received a handful of trail-mix, pretzels and a rice-krispie treat.
She's angling for a chicken nugget tomorrow.
better enter the girl for the next series of Young Apprentice.
ReplyDeletei'm Scottish, living in the West Midlands....i often get asked to 'say something in scottish'. I thank Girl for her superb scheme and hope to put it to good use myself in the near future.
ReplyDelete