I have had a full-on, fascinating and very enjoyable day, mostly spent with a delightful woman named Emilia from Bolivia. She is in the States to promote her knitting cooperative, and to share some of her experiences as an indigenous native of a country we don't generally hear much about. I'll have quite a lot to write about her, but need to get my thoughts in order so I shall save most of it until tomorrow.
She was travelling with her friend and business associate, Tamara, from Vermont. Tamara, fortunately, is fluent in Spanish and did a great deal of interpreting today. I accompanied the two of them to three speaking events - at Bethlehem High School, Siena College and the Spinning Room yarn store in Altamont, which was having a knit-in. Each audience was rather different, and the presentations were tuned to fit them, so by seeing each one I ended up learning all sorts of information arrived at from different directions.
Tomorrow, then, I shall tell you about global warming's "canary in the coalmine"; the extraordinary achievements of an understated but very determined woman; and the story of a very striking hat.
Great hat. Please tell me there'll be a picture of you wearing it tomorrow. It's grey and rainy and we need a chuckle.
ReplyDeleteHats aside (good name for an X factor group), looking forward to tomorrow's blog.