I spent the morning at the Farmers' Market promoting the Fair Trade event I'm involved with next week. I'd collected together an assortment of items we'll be selling - bags and beads from Malawi and Uganda, textiles from Guatemala, pottery from Vietnam, a T-shirt from India, etc etc - and set them out in a rather nice arrangement.
The Market manager always lets me (and other not-for-profit groups) have an information table for free, as long as I don't sell anything. So I just stood there shouting "Curm on, ladies and gents - luverly crafts! Don't get 'em 'ere, they're not for sale." Next to a sign marked CRAFT'S.
I had a fun time, talking to lots of people and handing out flyers. About a third of the people I spoke to had our Black Friday Fair Trade sale on their calendars already and were eagerly awaiting it. Another third had vaguely heard about it and were happy to have more details. A final third knew nothing about it, but most were pleased to be told. So it all felt like a positive exercise.
And in other news: today we got ourselves a dog!
Snap - we've got one too!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure it's a dog??
ReplyDelete