The Man had the car today, and I needed to get to Five Rivers to collect something. It was chucking it down with rain, but I gamely pulled on all my waterproofs and jumped on my bike.
It could have been worse - the rain was warm at least (weirdly warm for the end of November, frankly). So even though my glasses got fogged up, cycling wasn't so bad - until the last leg, when I got a puncture. I had to push the bike the rest of the way there, and later (sigh) all the way home again. But I did, meanwhile, manage to fill my rucksack with a lot of furry creatures. More on them another time.
Strange thing - although it really is unseasonably warm, every evening I start shivering and my hands turn ice-cold. My feet, too - I have to sleep in socks. What am I going to be like in January?
No comments:
Post a Comment