While I was out doing that, the Girl spent some time hanging out with the kids in the family. Language challenges notwithstanding, they seem to have had fun and I hope they'll be able to get together again soon.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, November 12, 2011
A step on the ladder
I spent the morning doing probably the single most useful thing I've done all year - helping my refugee mom get a library card. There've been some administrative hoops to jump through which means the process has taken a while, but she is now at last a proud cardholder. She was able to come home from the Main Library in Albany with an armload of books, audiobooks and DVDs for her whole family. I'm sure they're all going to find it a great resource.
While I was out doing that, the Girl spent some time hanging out with the kids in the family. Language challenges notwithstanding, they seem to have had fun and I hope they'll be able to get together again soon.
This afternoon Boy and Girl were ensconced at different friends' houses, so the Man and I took ourselves up to the Indian Ladder Trail for probably the last time this season - in a couple of days' time it closes for the winter, i.e. until May. Although it was nearing dusk the trail was busy - with other last-chancers like us I suppose. It's always a dramatic trail, but now that most of the leaves are gone it's getting a little bleak. Brrr. Winter really is on its way.
While I was out doing that, the Girl spent some time hanging out with the kids in the family. Language challenges notwithstanding, they seem to have had fun and I hope they'll be able to get together again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment