D'you remember way back when I tried to apply for my state driving licence? I'd been wrongly informed - by the Social Security Office, no less - that I wasn't eligible for a Social Security Number, so I was one point short of the six points of ID needed for the licence application. I was advised to sign up with discount supermarket BJs - the last line of defence in the war on terror, apparently - to obtain definitive photo-evidence of my identity. I wondered at the time if I'd ever recoup the $45+tax sign-up fee.
Well, I could be quids (or is that greenbacks?) in now! Sometime in October I was in BJs failing to shop (I feel obliged occasionally to exercise my membership rights by just going there) and found a boxed set of four small WALL-E action figures. At $17.50 they didn't seem to be giving them away, but I reckoned the Boy would appreciate them for Christmas, so I bought them.
Would you adam-and-eve it - the exact same boxed set is now retailing on Amazon for $130!
So, all I have to do now is prise the little figures back out of my son's loving grasp and e-bay here I come...
You could always offer to cut him in on the profit. Or failing that, stage a burglary.
ReplyDeleteHope you kept the box - my loft is full of the boxes I'm going to put my kids battered and beaten toys in when I take them to the Antiques Roadshow in 20 years' time.
After reading the information, I may have different views, but I do think this is good BLOG!
ReplyDelete