After some initial excitement, the kids decided they were not impressed. Luckily friends stepped in and invited them to warmer houses during the daytime. And last night we ate out at our local diner, bringing home takeaway for the Man who stayed home on sump duty.
I'm not ashamed to say that I whooped for joy when at 3:45 this afternoon, just as I was halfway through bailing, the sump pump suddenly churned back into action and the boiler (furnace) hummed with life again.
As I write, friends of ours (including the Exiles) and hundreds of thousands across the Northeast are still minus power, and there are people in more remote areas who might not be reconnected until the middle of the week. We've had a fairly miserable couple of days, but all things considered it looks like we got off lightly.
Trying to get in on the pop pun action?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mU-YSk32I