Saturday, December 20, 2008

All white now

About eleven inches of snow had settled by this morning, so the driveway took some shovelling. It continued to snow gently for most of the day so we must have accumulated another three inches. Yet more is expected tomorrow. Snow, it goes on.

The kids rushed out to sled straight after breakfast (oh, it's great, the first major snow, before it's been around so long we're all fed up with it). After lunch we had another long sledding session. The snow was so powdery it felt almost dry.





Then I took the Girl over to the ice rink for her skating lesson. I'd been on the ice myself yesterday, for my own lesson. It's very hard. Skating, I mean. Though so is the ice when you fall over on it, which I did.

We then ummed and ahhed about heading off in the snow to the other side of Albany for a birthday party. In the end, since the route was all on major roads, we decided to chance it. There were sporty activities, followed by food, followed by bouncy castle action.

You'd think the children would be tired after such an active day. You would (sigh) be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment