...because we've just had to listen to It Must Be Christmas, a compilation cd of the world's most irritating Christmas songs (and let's face it, that's all of them) sung badly by a bunch of Cockney session singers. The kids think it is the best cd ever, bar none. They sing and dance along to it for hours. Thank you Maths Expert for 'letting us' keep it a few years ago after I'd borrowed it for the playgroup Christmas Fair. I've been thinking of you, all evening.
Strangely, since it is not yet midnight as I write, I have 'dun wrappin'. In fact I had everything prepared and the house in order before dusk (after a whole day of tidying and cleaning). I've never been ready for Christmas so early, and frankly I find it a bit unnerving. What have I forgotten?
Checking in on NORAD Tracks Santa I see that the man in red is currently in New Brunswick, Canada, so he may be with us soon... quick, better get the mince pie and carrot out on the front step!
No comments:
Post a Comment