Meanwhile I've had an extremely full day of meetings at my conference - very interesting (the Fair Trade communities movement in the USA is in the process of evolving, and this is quite a fascinating time to be involved), but my head was throbbing by 6pm - and we still had to go out to dinner. But the meal, at a family-style Italian restaurant, was great fun. It's enjoyable getting to know people whom I've previously only "met" on conference calls.
Since people are attending the event from all over the country, I've enjoyed listening to some great regional accents. But none can compare with the local accent in our host state of Noo Joizy - you could cut it with a knife. Judging by some of the waitresses we've had, the accent comes with a refreshingly forthright attitude (which you might not want to get on the wrong side of).
The Man writes... my day started unexpectedly at this man's airport in Washington DC:
On the short flight north I enjoyed great views from first class comfort:
before rushing on to spend 9 hours at "Genericon" with the Girl and her friends and a host of mainly RPI students, nearly all dressed as anime characters (with a few Dr Whos).
Here's one more (rather dramatic) TV report for those of you who are beginning to think we make this stuff up...watch carefully.
Very pleased to hear that the Man finally got home without any further misshaps Glad that you have enjoyed your conference You might be interested to know that on our Skype page there is an advert for Sainsburys fair trade bananas "selling at the same price as otherbananas
ReplyDeleteNice close-up! Quite a story - beats your usual travel mishaps, but I am beginning to think you must have been "supposed" to be a week late on a journey some years ago and, having mischievously cheated fate, are now making up a few hours at a time.
ReplyDeleteThanks, but I don't think I have yet matched your Narita experience.
DeleteThe rest of your comment sounds like it might be a Dr Who reference. But maybe spending the weekend at a sci-fi convention has got to me...
A film franchise called "Final Destination" have done something like this (not that I have seen any of them) but I doubt it was an original idea.
Delete