It has been strangely and pleasantly warm today - it has to be the first time in months (not counting that brief week in California) that I've wanted to be outside without my winter coat on. Likewise it was the first time for ages that I felt like doing the long walk (half an hour) round the block rather than an alternative much shorter scamper. And while doing the long walk, instead of carefully avoiding icy patches, I had to paddle through puddles.
The Boy meanwhile felt inspired (again, for the first time in months) to wander down to the local ice-creamery with a friend.
We had good reason to get out and enjoy the good weather today - tomorrow's forecast is for every kind of wet/freezing rain, snow and slush.
To prove that
I don't just bake cookies, here's a photo from a few days ago, celebrating with the Boy's belated birthday cake.
Blow, blow thou springtime breeze!
ReplyDeleteDaffodils out Blossom trees in bloom Soon it will be too hot and we will have a hosepipe ban Arent the seasons wonderful
ReplyDelete