I baked gingerbread today. It was a sophisticated recipe (thank you Moosewood) featuring the rich flavour of molasses plus a couple of surprise ingredients (nutmeg and cayenne pepper) and I was secretly banking on the kids not loving it. But they do! Grrr. The Girl even declares it to be the best gingerbread ever. So I now I'm going to have to hide the tin.
The 5th Graders performance to the rest of the school went off well, it seems. It was all captured on video, so when we get our copy we'll be able to enjoy it over and over. Rumour has it the Boy is carrying through on his pledge to make his stage appearance "memorable" (a kid on the way to school today told him he was "awesome"). The rest of us, not due to see the show until Friday, are waiting with bated breath...
cayenne pepper and ginger ? Hot Hot Hot
ReplyDelete