Sunday, April 7, 2013

A day of pie

I love our local library, it's a constant source of distraction and delight.  I came across another irresistible title there yesterday: A Year of Pies, by Ashley English.


Test-baking today, I discovered that it could equally have been called An Entire Day to Bake One Pie.  Only a slight exaggeration - it took several hours to conjure up the leek and potato pie that had particularly caught my fancy.  Ooh, it was worth it though. 





And other than that, the Man and I had a bit of a hike around Schodack Island.  As I've noted before, this hike is only for the brave hearted.  I've also resolved never to try and make a pie out of anything fished out of the Hudson...



It was blustery and showery, but warmer than it looks in the photos (it reached 60F today). The kids' "Spring Break" is over and now it's one unbroken session all the way to summer.

2 comments:

  1. Pie looks goodI expect it tasted good as well even though making it was time consuming

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pie looks very good. I bet it took very little time to eat!

    ReplyDelete