Here you see the Man about half a minute into the Delmar Dash this morning - a five-mile run around the Albany suburb.
Alas, there's no shot of him at the finish line, even though I was there (and had been for twenty minutes, in the cold). At the very last second the camera failed, and I was so busy cursing it, I didn't even see my Man crossing the line. Ngggh! But he did himself proud, coming in 77th in a field of more than 700, with a time of 35 minutes and 30 seconds (give or take a couple of seconds).
With luck the exercise will have left him nicely relaxed for his trans-Atlantic flight today (our next dash was to get him to the airport on time). Bye-bye Internet Man, come back soon!
Now I'm dashing this blogpost off, trying to beat the clock on the Library computer...
Technology doesnt seem to like you at the moment! but well done to the Man especially as he had a long flight compng up later in the day
ReplyDeleteVery impressive running Man! I did my first 10k yesterday, legs hurt today. I think I would like the imperial measurement of 5 miles more...
ReplyDeleteCongrats Royal Rockfish!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the man of course...
Thank you everyone for your comments, and congrats right back at Mrs R, who ran significantly further than me.
ReplyDeleteEverything running related is associated with such sadness today however.