Thursday, May 26, 2011

Get away!

The weather has varied a bit lately, but my overall impression is that it has been cooler and wetter for the time of year than we've experienced before.  But today - suddenly summer.  Blue skies, bright sunshine and temperatures nudging 90F.  There were rumbles of thunder in the early evening, but no storm yet. 

I spent part of the morning chatting with a graphic designer about ideas for a new Friends of Five Rivers flyer, so that was very enjoyable.  Then I did a little bit of shopping to prepare for an upcoming trip.  The Man and I are planning to sneak away soon for a few days - can you guess where we're going? 

I'll give you a clue:  knowing that we're both as square as boxes, that we don't drink, don't smoke and can rarely, if ever, be persuaded to risk so much as a dollar on a raffle ticket...where in the world is the least likely place we could be headed?

5 comments:

  1. Are you going to renew your vows at the Elvis Chapel in Vegas, the man in full white be-spangled jumpsuit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am hoping Livid is right - can we have photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I can't possibly comment...yet. But watch this space.

    ReplyDelete