Monday, May 23, 2011

Farewells and good buys

The Man and I delivered our daughter to school early this morning to join her fellow 5th Graders waiting excitedly to head off to "Nature's Classroom".  It's a week-long sleepaway experience for kids up at Lake George.  Much more about it than that we don't really know, except that most of the time will be spent outdoors, rain or shine.  We're expecting an exhausted and possibly damp child back on Friday.  I rather suspect she's going to have a wonderful time.

A little later I went shopping with my Mum and aunt, and they were very happy with their purchases, including quilting supplies and smooth-edge can-openers, and some clothes from L.L.Bean. 

Later still, to the library with my Dad to pick up a DVD for the Boy.  He's had Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 on request for a few months, and is no end chuffed that it has finally come in while his sister is away so that he gets to watch it before her "for once".  We watched half of it this evening.  I've seen/heard enough HP now to have at least half a clue about what was going on - anyone coming to it cold would surely be utterly baffled.  But it does live up to its PG-13 rating:  sequences of intense action, frightening images and "brief sensuality" - yes, more snogging - uggh, look away now!

1 comment: