Monday, May 9, 2011

Active kids

The call came the other day for someone to make a 5' tall cut-out of an "active kid" and naturally I couldn't resist volunteering.  Well, I have to admit it, I am still congratulating myself on the success of my giant carrot a few months ago.  The 5' kid is going to be used as some sort of healthy-choice related counting device during Healthy Kids Week starting next Monday.

An active kid is slightly more of a paper-cutting challenge than a carrot, I must say, but I gave it my best shot.  Now it's  hanging about on the back of our front door until I have to take it in to school.  Tonight without the hall light on it looks disturbingly as if a large, terrified child ran right through the door without opening it.

When the Man got home from work I cashed in one of my Mother's Day coupons and we all went for a walk at Five Rivers.  Though we picked the Beaver Tree trail we didn't manage to spot any beavers, but we did spy a chipmunk and a whole gaggle of geese, and just generally had a happy little hike on a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment