Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Animal stackers

We just finished watching the second half of the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and pretty scary it was.  But not nearly as scary as the cost of the Boy's proposed orthodontistry, which I discussed this morning with the dentist.

Ah well. To take my mind off that prospect, I baked some excellent fruit and nut bars - almost totally fruits and nuts, with just a tiny bit of flour/sugar/egg mixture to bind everything together.  Very yum.  Also I took my mum and aunt on a driving tour to see the sights of the State Capital.  They're heading south to New York State's more famous city tomorrow, with its rather better known sights, so perhaps as well to get our more modest ones in first.

I've also been stacking animals.  When our mosaic fell off the wall the other night, scattered in among all the shards of glass were a lot of wooden animals.  They'd previously been arranged along the top of the picture frame.  Anyway, a pile of wooden animals just asks to be stacked, don't you think?  It's quite hard to do, and very addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment