Saturday, May 21, 2011

Water features


The Man treated his in-laws and my aunt to a tour of Capital District water features, including Cohoes Falls (in full spate after a week of heavy rain) and the Hudson-Mohawk confluence and the start of both the Eerie Canal and the Champlain Canal, all within a few steps of each other at Waterford.  The canal locks are still closed as the water level is three feet too high, and one lock has even overflowed.

Meanwhile I stayed at home and helped the Girl pack for an upcoming adventure with school.  The packing list, as long as my arm and then some, ends with the instruction to fit everything into a duffle bag that your child can carry by him/herself.  Ha! I almost wish I could go with the 5th Grade travellers just to see them all toppling under the weight of their sleeping bags, hiking boots, waterproof boots, flashlights, kitchen sinks etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment