Sunday, May 29, 2011

City of Lost Wages

The Man and I took a flight today, all the way from up there in the northeast to way down here in the southwest.


But...are we in Venice?  Paris?  Egypt?




No, of course not.  We're in Las Vegas, Sin City itself.  Whatever you imagine it to be like, you're about right.   We walked the Strip tonight, in all its gaudy glory.  The Man was offered multiple opportunities to meet some nice girls.  Quite a few people were cheerfully falling over in the street (they may have had a couple of drinks).  People were playing on slot machines like you'd find in a pub, only there were slightly more to choose from.  We caught a glimpse of Elvis standing on a street corner, and according to the billboards we could have gone to see Celine Dion, Barry Manilow, Donny & Marie and any number of other long-dead stars of yester-year.

I'd tell you more, but I'm just too sleepy now, and tomorrow will be another long day...

4 comments:

  1. Hole crap





    From
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SugarhypergirlrocksMay 29, 2011 at 8:51 AM

    I want to come next time, I want to gamble away my brother!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAmazing!
    Yard being modified to match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re boy's comment - keep working on the spelling, but otherwise you've got it about right.

    ReplyDelete