Monday, March 4, 2013

Splinter group

For this go-round of the 5th Grade musical I have volunteered to help paint the set.  The first painting meeting was this afternoon.  Not many people showed up.  Myself and an even shorter woman who is coordinating operations attempted to move a massive backdrop from the stage to the floor of the gym, and I was quite impressed that we managed it without either of us getting crushed.  However in the process I picked up a whopping - whopping - splinter in my finger.  Seriously, it was plank-sized - and I couldn't get it out.


I managed to catch the school nurse just as she was locking up her room.  She kindly sat me down and went at my finger with a pair of tweezers.  It took her about ten minutes to wrangle the thing out, by which time - aaaaagh - I was predictably fainty and useless. The nurse let me lay my head on a table and gave me a wet towel for the back of my neck.  What a lovely nurse.  I'm in awe of nurses.  How would people like me ever survive without them?

Anyway, I recovered enough to help paint primer on the foamboard that will become the covered wagon, and black paint on one of the lengths of drainpipe that will become the steamboat chimneys.  We're on our way to the Wild West - though the journey looks set (geddit) to be hazardous.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds nasty I hope your tetenus jabs are up to date Not much of a reward for your good work
    Hope it recovers quickly

    ReplyDelete