Not content with inviting the car in for a recall every other month, yesterday I received a call from the Toyota dealership requesting that I bring the car over for a spot check on the last recall... Something to do with wheel suspension vs Albany potholes. I duly went in today. All seems to be well, so it felt like a waste of time, but it least it gave me an excuse to drop in at the Salvation Army store to buy a new old jigsaw.
The other event of the day was the Boy's D.A.R.E. assembly. You remember DARE - the Girl went through the same school programme a couple of years ago, learning about alcohol, drugs, smoking and bullying. Judging by the essays read out this morning, the message the kids took away this year seemed to be less on potential alcoholic comas and more about learning to evaluate situations, make reasoned decisions and stick up for yourself - all useful lifeskills, you have to hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment