Well, top o' the evening to ya - I write in the closing hours of another St. Patrick's Day, which as I may have mentioned in previous years is a whole bigger deal over here than anywhere else in the world such as, for example, Ireland.
The Girl celebrated by getting together with some of her dancing classmates to perform a few Irish jigs and reels at a local assisted living place. All the girls danced well and were enthusiastically received. The elderly audience members (many dressed in green to mark the day) seemed genuinely disappointed that the show did not go on longer.
This was only the dancers' second public performance, and the first in front of a non-family crowd. From diffident mid-teen to gap-toothed tiny they did themselves proud, so they did.
Excellent I would have liked to have seen that
ReplyDeleteDid the Girl see any of the world ice skating competition