Meanwhile the Boy invited a bunch of friends round. Their plans to produce a music video didn't quite work out, but for several hours there was a lot of fun-being-had noise from the basement, plus some loud rampaging in what remains of the snow in the backyard.
I spent an entire afternoon baking a sweet potato pie. If I'd read Jamie Oliver's recipe more carefully in the first place I might never have embarked on the project - the potatoes had to be pre-baked, the pastry had to rest in the fridge, then rest again in the freezer before being blind-baked...and on and on. It took for-bloomin'-ever before anything looking like a pie ended up in the oven.
However, it is a pretty nice pie after all that - even the Man says so, and he's not much of a one for vegetable-based desserts.
Do you have it with custard?
ReplyDelete