The Man is back! I picked him from the airport around midnight.
While he slept in this morning, I took the Girl to join some friends who were heading over to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy for the annual Genericon - "a weekend-long geek convention" for those who love all things anime and sci-fi. We'll perhaps be able to give you a review of that tomorrow (the Girl won't be home until late).
Then I went on to an inaugural meeting of refugee mentors - we've agreed it will be useful to get together occasionally to share concerns and advice about this line of volunteering.
The rest of the day has gone by quietly, spent mostly indoors except for when the Man and I slipped out and had a, to be honest, fairly miserable walk in Thacher Park. It was bitterly cold up there in the wind, and there's still plenty of snow underfoot which we were not shod for. Brrr. We didn't stay long.
The Man adds...the Girl returns at midnight, talking excitedly about having spent the evening watching "Cosplay Chess". Apparently this involved people dressed as various fantasy and sci-fi characters playing live action chess "for survival in a post apocalyptic world". Which you must admit, you don't see every day of the week.
Looks very wintry Must have been a shock after the West Coast! And two late nights in a row?
ReplyDelete