Nearly everyone I talk to these days complains "I am SO done with winter..." Unfortunately, winter is not yet done with us - we're expecting heavy snow again tonight.
I've had a busy day, with a couple of meetings, a scamper round Five Rivers, more set-painting, and a certain amount of ferrying people about. The school musical's backdrop is beginning to look like something recognisable (but you'll have to take my word for it as I forgot to bring my camera along today).
This evening I've been introducing the kids to a classic - Animal Farm, the 1954 animated version which we have borrowed from the library. The Girl, who grasped the allegory more rapidly than her brother, is now keen to read the book. We also watched a bit of the DVD's special feature about the making of the film, and (trivia alert!) we learnt that one of the producers, Joy Batchelor, came from Watford. Just like me, fancy that.
No comments:
Post a Comment