Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Two trips to Troy

I had to make two trips to Troy today.

The first was to take two of my refugee friends to the Capital District Community Gardens office, for an orientation and to fill out plot application forms.  I enjoyed meeting the staff, who talked us through the practical rules-of-the-gardens, and was happy to help my friends each sign up for a plot and to watch them stock up on donated seeds to get their gardens started.  This allotment scheme is designed to benefit urban low-income families - people who, like my friends, for all sorts of reasons probably have an unequal share of stress and worries in their lives.  I'm sure the benefits they can gain from gardening extend well beyond just fresh vegetables.  I think it's an amazing project and I take my hat off to all those involved who work so hard to make it succeed.

Later in the day I was back in Troy again, for the Girl's regular skating date.  I was pleased to hear from her coach that she's progressing very well - so hats off to her, too.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very good.Pleased to hear abot Girls progress

    ReplyDelete