Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dish of the day

A lot of people will be coming to the house on Saturday (I don't know why this somehow surprises me, since I invited them all), so I'm in the throes of tidying and cleaning.  As always, sadly, it's a gargantuan task. 

I took time off after lunch to visit my former neighbour who now lives five minutes down the road.  I hadn't seen her for a while, so it was fun to catch up on her recent trip to Paris (lucky thing) and other news.  She always serves me tea in dainty tea-cups, I think in honour of my nationality - it does make a change from my everyday mugs.

This evening, over to the Boy's elementary school for the annual Art Show plus Ice Cream Social.  Lots of lovely artwork, and the Girl enjoyed a bowl of ice-cream, but the Boy turned up his nose at it because it was vanilla.  He announced that he would have to have a bowl of chocolate ice-cream after dinner instead, because his teacher had set the homework: enjoy eating ice-cream.  I can just about believe that.  But I'm not convinced that she had really also asked her students to get your parents to clear your dirty dishes - I think the Boy might have made that bit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment