Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saveways

A lot of school communications these days arrive via email.  But a lot still come home on pieces of paper (including, in belt-and-braces fashion, many that have already been emailed).

On Friday the Boy brought home information on advance sales for the upcoming school carnival raffle.  Apparently we can buy 1 ticket for $1, 6 for $5, 13 for $10 or 30 tickets for $20.  "The more you buy...the more you save!" claims the strap line.  How am I saving here, exactly?  Surely that's "The more you buy...the more you spend!"

The Girl, meanwhile, has brought home a letter from her after-school anime club - composed by the 14 year-old club leader.  It includes a permission slip to sign to allow my daughter to take part in a "cosplay music video" (don't ask).  If I sign it, she is then expected to sign a pledge to behave herself etc while working on this project.  Alternatively, I could send in a refusal slip, in which case the Girl is expected to sign the following:


I understand the terms of why I may not participate in this project.  I will not make a big deal of it, and I will do my best to not be mad at my parents in any way.
Love that sweeping "in any way".  And that highly subjective "do my best..."


No comments:

Post a Comment