Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Keep it clean, Mr. President

President Obama visited Albany today.  For the third time in three years. Wha-hey!  He gave a good speech (I thought) to students and educators at the university Nanotech Center.  In the course of it he happened to mention the Center's clean room, a $3.5 billion facility.  As he noted, it is kept "10,000 times cleaner than an operating theater".  And then he threw in a quip about how surprising that is, since students aren't usually known for being all that clean.

Well, ha, maybe the clean room used to be 10,000 times cleaner than an operating theatre.  Maybe not now, since the President and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo made a tour of it - dressed for a day at the office (Oval or otherwise).  Normally a visitor to the clean room has to dress to the eyeballs in a full-body disposable coverall, known as a "bunny suit".  I wonder what made them decide that was not the desired image of the day?

The rain was torrential and the President had come and gone within a couple of hours.  But I don't think the trip was a wash-out.  Let's hope his speech today helped him clean up a few more votes in this election year.

1 comment:

  1. The roads and the runway certainly seemed to be getting a good wash Your local tv covered the visit very well I thought

    ReplyDelete