Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let the good times roll

Wednesday: over to the skating rink in Troy for the afternoon.  The Boy and I have a nice enough time there together if it's just him and me waiting while the Girl has her lesson, but when possible he prefers to bring a friend along, which he did today.

You'll have noticed from recent photos that the Boy wears his hair idiosynchratically long for a 10 year-old.  Well, apparently that's his look and he's sticking with it (and never mind how many people mistake him for a girl).  More surprisingly, there's another boy in his class who wears his hair in exactly the same style.  He is also blonde and a similar height - from behind it's hard to tell them apart. This was the kid that came with us today.  I expect the skating rink staff thought I'd started a cloning business or something.

It was warm, so the boys played out on the recreation ground while I read my book in the sunshine.  I looked up and saw them setting off for the Knickerbacker monument at the top of a grassy hill.  Next time I looked up...

Ahh, is there any happier sight than two 10 year-olds rolling down a hill?

No comments:

Post a Comment