Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The slice is right

It has been quite a positive day.  Two projects I'm involved with for Five Rivers are progressing well, and a gathering is being planned to launch a regional fair trade coalition, which will be a great way to pull a lot of people together and give us all a stronger voice.

And in other news... I bought one of the Capital District's best croissants today.  The Placid Baker is actually based in Troy, but has a stall at the farmers' market which convenes on Tuesday afternoons at Delmar United Methodist Church.  I was passing there today and swung in to take a look, hoping the Placid Baker would be there.  I was in luck.  The croissant was the most delicious I've tasted this side of Paris, full of buttery yumness. 

And at teatime a bit of butter on a wodge of artisan baguette wasn't half bad, either.  Bread of heaven...

4 comments:

  1. The Placid Baker - rather suggests all the others are in a bit of a rage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, how would the Livid Baker fare?

    The name "Placid Baker" actually comes from the fact that the guy started out in business in or near Lake Placid - prompting the Man to suggest he should create a Cake Placid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or he could have called his company 'Bake Placid'.

    I think people like the idea of a calming loaf, angry bread isn't good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually we go to the Angry Baker for sourdough.

    And the Smiley Baker for Rye Bread.

    ReplyDelete