Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Au revoir

Yet another trip to Five Rivers this morning (and why not?), then up to Thacher Park for the view from the escarpment.  Only it was so hot by then (90F and rising) that the view was obscured by haze and the usual Albany landmarks, such as the university and the Corning Tower, were invisible.

We had lunch at Indian Ladder Farms and that was very good.  But then it was time to come home and pack the suitcases into the rental car, and say all the goodbyes.  My parents and aunt drove away towards Boston (and as I write they'll be just about taking off on their homebound flight).  I hope they had a good visit - I think they did.  I haven't mentioned half of what they've been up to in the way of art gallery outings, not to mention planting vegetables, fixing bikes, cooking delicious dinners and such.  We've all enjoyed having them to stay.

As ever, the house suddenly seemed very empty and quiet and I felt rather moochy...until the kids got in from school, and I had to take the Boy to a dental appointment (went well), and the Girl had a school party to attend, then both kids needed taking to another party...

The merry-go-round never really stops for longer than about five minutes, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment