Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Silly Fadz

So, have Silly Bandz hit the UK yet? I expect they have but if not, don't worry, they will.

I first came across them just a couple of days ago somewhere on the internet - a mom was asking for info on where she could get hold of them because her kids were suddenly crazy for them. CVS Pharmacy seems to be the main retailer round here. Silly Bandz are like brightly coloured rubber bands, but moulded into shapes like animals or baseball players. Impossible to imagine why you wouldn't want some of those, isn't it?

Anyway, the children arrived off the bus this afternoon and the first thing they said was, "Have you got the car today? We need to go to CVS to get some..."

"Silly Bandz?"

Oh yes, the fad has well and truly hit their school. Somehow they'd managed to obtain a couple each from their friends, but the idea is to entirely cover your arms with them. I didn't happen to have the car, and we had to wait for the Man to get home, but after a necessary (fine-averting) trip to the library we did call in on our nearest CVS.

The Girl asked the woman on the till, "I was wondering if you had any..."

"Silly Bandz? No, not until Monday."

Completely sold out. Wow, kids' fads, eh? Don't you wish you could think of one?

No comments:

Post a Comment