BUT I haven't seen them at all this evening. Earlier I stuffed ammonia-soaked rags as far as I could into their tunnels. It has been an extremely hot day - in the 90s - so those tunnels must be pretty stinky now. If they've any sense Alvin and friends have packed their cheeks and gone far away.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Chipmunks: the Squeaquel
First thing this morning: there they were again, my cute chipmunk pals, hanging out on the patio. They'd dug themselves a new front door.
BUT I haven't seen them at all this evening. Earlier I stuffed ammonia-soaked rags as far as I could into their tunnels. It has been an extremely hot day - in the 90s - so those tunnels must be pretty stinky now. If they've any sense Alvin and friends have packed their cheeks and gone far away.
Here's another little creature, not found near our house but in Moreau Lake on Sunday.
BUT I haven't seen them at all this evening. Earlier I stuffed ammonia-soaked rags as far as I could into their tunnels. It has been an extremely hot day - in the 90s - so those tunnels must be pretty stinky now. If they've any sense Alvin and friends have packed their cheeks and gone far away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment