This morning's Five Rivers lesson was fun and went well. One topic we are asked to focus on is "the three needs" for survival: water, food and shelter. Today's kids had no trouble focusing on at least one of these needs - I swear they were talking about lunch from the moment they got off the bus until they actually got to sit down and eat it two hours later.

It being Thursday, I had more teaching lined up in the afternoon as I met with my sewing class. A lot of them are studying India in school at the moment, so I thought we'd go with that theme. This was quite a fiddly project, but they managed well. It helped that we used wired ribbon for the saris so that they'd stay in place easily.
I was tickled today by a story another instructor shared about a class she took out at 5R the other day. They found a cricket, and one child was very excited. "Is it real? A real, live cricket? A
non-fiction cricket?!"
You betcha!
Good job Ninja didn't see your sewing project last week!
ReplyDelete