It has been a fresh, bright sort of day. This morning I took a large group of kindergartners exploring at Five Rivers. Towards the end of our hour and half together most of the kids were getting hungry (they hadn't had a snack) and it was hard to focus their attention on nature and away from thoughts of lunch. But just as I was losing heart and thinking the lesson wasn't a success, one small girl sidled up to me and told me it was the best field trip she'd ever been on. Being only six she may not have had very many others to compare it with, but still that made me feel a bit better.
It has turned into quite a momentous day in British politics, hasn't it? I'd love to think a coalition government will work, but I'm a little doubtful. Anything's worth a shot though - it'll be an interesting experiment... How do you feel about being guinea-pigs?
A propos of nothing, the Boy has a joke to share with you:
Angry neighbour: I'll teach you to throw stones at my greenhouse!
Naughty kid: I already know how.
Yes,it would be really good if the coalition did work but I dont think it will be very good for poor people.
ReplyDeleteI felt sorry for Brown waiting all those years Its a pity he wasnt made PM in 1997I dont think we would have gone to war in Iraq