After a week of fine weather, today has been variable, with some heavy rain and thunderstorms this evening. It'll do the garden good. The vegetables we planted the other week are sprouting up nicely now, as are my shady wild flowers.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Drama, eggcetera
After a week of fine weather, today has been variable, with some heavy rain and thunderstorms this evening. It'll do the garden good. The vegetables we planted the other week are sprouting up nicely now, as are my shady wild flowers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How I loved those Laura Ingalls Wilder books when I was a child and longed for a calico dress with petticoats. The nearest I got to was 'Clothkits' which, by the way, is making a comeback.
ReplyDeleteDid you see the paraphenalia of the Friehofers event at the Empire State plaza? There was a big women's (not for big women!) race there that morning, with bands and food and all good things like that :) it was fandabbydozy
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I remember Clothkits...
ReplyDeleteSo I guess you were running, Soz, unless you were one of the bellydancers performing in the underground concourse? Glad you had fun, whatever you were up to.
Fat man's trousers - LOL! Very well observed.
ReplyDeleteCan't take all the credit for that observation. A friend pointed it out to me, and now the ideas's in my head that's all I can see - especially true viewed from the 787.
ReplyDelete