Then over to school to pick up the kids, and the Girl's teacher informed me that my daughter had just hiked for over an hour around the extensive school grounds with her trouser pockets full of rocks. For reasons best known to herself.
She has always been a habitual gravel collector. But these were BIG rocks. In fact I'm thinking of turning them into a garden feature.
The Man adds...a photo taken in a gas station on my recent road trip. Each pump had its own television. Mine was tuned to the evening news - presumably designed to be a distraction from the shocking gas prices, which have now reached the equivalent of 49 pence per litre.
I don't think I could be distracted from the current gas prices (£1.21 for a litre of diesel) if George Clooney himself were filling up my tank, wearing only a thong (George, not me).
ReplyDeleteHmm, I think our 1600 mile round trip to the South of France this summer is going to cost more than hiring a small private jet. I did suggest flying but husband still says no. Just because we nearly crashed in a cyclone off the coast of Java in 1996 is no excuse not to fly....
ReplyDeleteYou leave us with some disturbing images there, Livid.
ReplyDeleteAnd Maths Expert, does your husband's fear of flying mean that if you ever decide to visit us you'll be having to row across the Atlantic?