Thursday, May 15, 2008

Present laughter

It was a treat today to have a skype session with a bunch of bookfest friends in Linton - great to hear voices and see faces I haven't heard or seen in all these months. Sorry I remained an international woman of mystery and didn't show my face...

Tonight after dinner we were talking with the kids and for some reason discussing how it'll be when they're a bit older, and that they really won't want to live with us forever. 'Stop talking about the future!' the Girl cried, 'I want to talk about the present!'

And of course her parents answered immediately and in unison 'Who said anything about a present?' We all fell about laughing, with at least one of us ruefully acknowledging that the Man's sense of humour has, alas, taken over the whole family.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that taken from Ramona the pest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes - 'Wait there for the present.' Poor Ramona!

    ReplyDelete