Saw the kids off on the bus this morning, and the Man off in the car - he was heading out of town with work.
The morning was warm and bright, so I did a couple more hours of hard labour in the yard with the usual barely perceptible results.
Car-less, I could have spent the rest of the day at home but after lunch I decided to set out on foot instead. Since I had some overdue items to return to the library I headed in that direction. It was a thirty minute brisk walk, door to door - not bad.
On the way home I called in on a friend and had a glass of water and a tour of her fruit-and-veg garden, and a discussion about the culinary uses of dandelion leaves. I was home again in time to catch up with the latest Linton Bookfest news online just before the school bus rolled up and delivered the children.
After dinner, to my great surprise, the kids insisted on scootering to the library themselves. So I had another hike. I should sleep well tonight. Meanwhile the Man has rung to say he and the car won't be back until tomorrow. If the weather stays fair, who knows I may just dust off my bicycle and see how far it'll take me...
Yeay, get on your bike - I can highly recommend it.
ReplyDelete