I hadn't planned on going to assembly at all, but we had an urgent call from the bus company soon after waving the children off, to say the Boy was in a state because he'd left Blankie at home. And then I realised the Girl had forgotten her trainers (sneakers) and Friday is a PE day... So I made that mercy dash. I certainly wouldn't have bothered taking Blankie if I'd realised the only reason the Boy was making a fuss was because he was afraid I'd wash the filthy thing. Hmm, wish I had now.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Friday, May 30, 2008
A visitor!
At assembly this morning there was a demonstration of African drumming by a bunch of kids who have been studying it in an after-school class. I was impressed. Oh, and we all sang 'Home on the Range'.
I hadn't planned on going to assembly at all, but we had an urgent call from the bus company soon after waving the children off, to say the Boy was in a state because he'd left Blankie at home. And then I realised the Girl had forgotten her trainers (sneakers) and Friday is a PE day... So I made that mercy dash. I certainly wouldn't have bothered taking Blankie if I'd realised the only reason the Boy was making a fuss was because he was afraid I'd wash the filthy thing. Hmm, wish I had now.
This evening the Man and Boy set off to the station to meet a British friend who is making a detour to visit us for the weekend. One of those Nobel Peace Prize laureates, as it happens, and we're glad to welcome him. I understand Albany's main rail station is a bit underwhelming. Grand Central it ain't - it looks more like a Tesco Metro - and only one train through it in half an hour. Still, the Boy was satisfied to have seen it at last.
I hadn't planned on going to assembly at all, but we had an urgent call from the bus company soon after waving the children off, to say the Boy was in a state because he'd left Blankie at home. And then I realised the Girl had forgotten her trainers (sneakers) and Friday is a PE day... So I made that mercy dash. I certainly wouldn't have bothered taking Blankie if I'd realised the only reason the Boy was making a fuss was because he was afraid I'd wash the filthy thing. Hmm, wish I had now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment