The Man writes...I'm your host tonight because Albaniana has dolled herself up and gone out to the annual school benefit dinner and auction. I think her main motive is to view the fate of her quilty secret, but she has taken a brand new check (cheque) book with her. I trust her (I think) but all I know about this particular event is that last year a friend bid $1400 dollars for a dinner (admittedly for 8) and lost. Let's face it: that's even more pricey than a motorway service station.
This afternoon we all visited the highly unusual Albany Pine Bush Preserve. Here we found pine trees, shrubs and grasses growing on extensive sand dunes, around five miles from downtown Albany. The smart new Discovery Center explained how the dunes were formed when a large lake that covered this area after the last ice age drained away.
As is usual over here, we had the swanky Discovery Center completely to ourselves for over an hour (and saw no-one else at all on the trails). This meant the kids could make complete fools of themselves in the "video box" doing (in the Girl's own words) "really, really stupid stuff". They also discovered how easy and fun it was to draw arrows in the damp sand around the trails.
That was by far the corniest header I've seen for a long time. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteThanks "maths". It's always nice when one's work is appreciated, but I think Albaniana's "The tooth will out" a couple of days ago should receive at least an honourable mention in this context.
ReplyDelete