A lovely sunny day today. I had a go at the backyard. The current task is to dig out several hundred dandelions from a border. The yard is a whole lot bigger than our garden in Linton and it's demoralising how little impact I ever seem to make on it, but there we go. Officially no-one does any planting here until Memorial Day (last Monday of May) so as to avoid the risk of frost, so I have a couple of weeks left in which to prepare the ground.
The children had their final Hep shots this afternoon. The Girl took it in her stride of course. The Boy got a bit tearful, though mainly because he didn't like the nurse's choice of bandaid.
To celebrate we strolled out later for 'dinner' at our local cafe - the kids had actually already eaten their dinner but didn't mind a reprise, especially one involving hotdogs and ice-cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment