Sunday, May 25, 2008

West Winging it

After our trip north yesterday, we decided to stay closer to home today. There was some lawn maintenance to be done (I'd noticed our gardening neigbour looking askance the other day at the meadow of gone-to-seed dandelions that passses for our front yard), and other odd jobs to attend to.

The children both had friends over to play after lunch, then we joined others down at the Town Park. The Girl's visitor invited her back for a sleepover, so I drove her to that, with the Boy along for the ride, and we all ended up staying for dinner, and I enjoyed chatting with an Icelandic house guest who used to work with Bjork's ex-partner.

Before and after dinner the Boy made good use of our friends' trampoline, so I'm hopeful he'll get off to sleep promptly so that the Man and I can settle down to enjoy multiple episodes of The West Wing (second season) on DVD.

4 comments:

  1. Oh you didn't fall for that tall tale surely - I can't count how many times Exile #2 has told people that of course since she went to college in England, she was 'classmates' with a Lord - really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are desperately trying to catch up with "Lost" and "Heros". Have you seen them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah - no telly, and we never got into those series.

    Exile, Iceland has a tiny population - of course everybody knows Bjork personally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are avid watchers of Lost - it keeps getting better (as long as more confusing is better in your book) and we have recently borrowed the first season of Heroes - it comes highly recommended, but have been too busy watching American Idol (yes this probably does rule us out of giving reliable TV watching advice).

    ReplyDelete