I thought I had all sorts of things to blog about today, but now I sit here writing they escape me. The only idea that sticks in my mind is 'Wouldn't the world be a better place without scat singers?' - this because I switched on the radio just before noon and yet again (seems to be every other day) there was a scat singer on the daily live music show 'Performance Place'. I snapped the radio off sharpish. I'm sure scat singing is very hard to do and all that, but really - just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Especially before lunch.
So, your nominations please for similar irritations which we would be better off without.
To any scat singers who might be reading - sorry. And, I guess, goodbye.
still not a great word - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scat
ReplyDeleteThings that irritate me? How long have you got and where do I begin? To keep on the radio theme, I wish Aled Jones wouldn't try to be a DJ. He's a choirboy, not the new Terry Wogan. I don't know what Scat music is, but I went to hear some bluegrass at the pub in Hadstock at the weekend and it was rather jolly.
ReplyDeleteThings that irritate me? How long have you got and where do I begin? To keep on the radio theme, I wish Aled Jones wouldn't try to be a DJ. He's a choirboy, not the new Terry Wogan. I don't know what Scat music is, but I went to hear some bluegrass at the pub in Hadstock at the weekend and it was rather jolly.
ReplyDeleteAnd isn't it irritating that the comment came up twice?
ReplyDeleteSingle socks; ditto gloves; jar lids that can't be removed by the weak-wristed; people who put an apostrophe before a plural s (as in 'please return your trolley's); kids who kick the sides of the bus shelter on a Friday night; that gravelly-voiced presenter on 'BBC 5 Live' who makes you want to clear your throat; dates written the American way (sorry!); the sound of toys when the battery is going flat; apples that have gone soft; the commentary from rugby matches that someone else is listening to; half-eaten (organic) sandwiches in lunchboxes .... And now I'm feeling REALLY REALLY IRRITATED just thinking about all those things ...
ReplyDeleteWell, I knew the topic 'irritations' would tempt Insanely Livid out of the woodwork, but who'd have thought April Fool was actually the original Granta Ranta? Will some kind person (perhaps the one listening to the rugby commentary) please buy her some chocolate, and soon?
ReplyDelete