We met up with some friends at the YMCA and went ice-skating - even the reluctant Boy (it's amazing what a child will do for you on the promise of 'something from the vending machine'). Afterwards the Boy was very keen to go and play in the gym, so he and the Girl and I did just that, rushing around playing tag and acting silly until we all collapsed in a heap - and that was the first thing I was glad that I did today.
Next I was glad I insisted on taking the kids to the New York State Museum to see the Joan Steiner 'Look-Alikes' exhibition. We all loved peering at the artist's amazingly realistic miniature dioramas, created out of everyday objects used in unexpected ways. I make no apology for borrowing a link from the Exile to send you towards the excellent Look-Alikes game.
And finally I was glad that we stopped in at Price Chopper on the way home, not only because it means we have restocked in advance of yet another winter storm (coming our way literally any moment now), but because I ran into someone I know. Not a remarkable thing to happen if you are living in, say, Linton, but sufficiently unusual for me here to make me feel happy. It's just one more little sign that this place is becoming home.
The Man has rung from Atlanta, en route back here, but on account of the dodgy weather it remains to be seen if he'll be able to complete his journey tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment