
Well, I feel a bit bad for laying into scat singers yesterday. How often have I said to a certain member of the family 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'? Maybe I should heed my own advice.
Today I started painting the sitting room. Even as the first brushstroke hit the wall I realised I was recreating our sitting room in Linton. Also the sitting room in our first house in Oxford. I guess we must really like gold-ish yellow.
We had heavy rain most of yesterday and I actually saw the back yard minus any snow for the first time since we moved in. By this morning, though, we'd had snow again and there's more expected next week, so I won't be gardening any time soon. The trees looked very beautiful this morning, covered with tiny icicles. By afternoon it sounded like rain again, but it was just all these millions of icicles, dripping.
Those family wise words 'if you can't say anything nice...' are so true and I have decided it will be my new mantra. I may even change my identity. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to be pleasant.
ReplyDeletemy major irritant (sorry just HAD to carry on the theme from yesterday) is the use of the word 'random'.'Oh that's so random' I hear all the time and when I used it in its correct context...they all laughed. Yes and Aled Jones is a plonker.
ReplyDelete