With snow forecast for later in the morning, I scurried out and made a few local journeys soon after waving the kids off on the school bus. Post office, library, then YMCA to sign the Girl up for some skating lessons. One or two flakes of snow were flittering, but nothing alarming, so I drove on to a shop where I actually managed to make a decision and bought guest towels and bedding. OK then, just a bed still to get (and a fridge. And a dining table. Perhaps a sofa? Come to think of it, we could use a couple more bookcases. A camera would be useful. And the kids are petitioning hard for a TV… Not that we're embracing the consumer culture or anything).
The snow was still half-hearted, so I called in on Exile #2 for a cup of tea. Her husband, like mine, is away this week – even further away than California (some people will stop at nothing for the sake of their blog – Konnichi wa, Exile-san!).
After lunch the snow really set in for the rest of the day. The Man rang. His flight had been long and much delayed and he’d had virtually no sleep. But before you start feeling too sorry for him, bear in mind that at least he is now swanning about in sunny San Jose in his shirtsleeves. Meanwhile his nearest and dearest back in Albany are expecting to wake up to eight inches of frozen whiteness. Again.
Please can you post a little bit of that snow back here, we are all very forlorn in our house that we didn't see as much as a flake all winter.
ReplyDeletePs. Mrs indecisive...beds are beds
'Beds are beds' she says. Big beds, bigger beds, beds so big you need a stepladder to get into them... Let me tell you, until you've been to the States you ain't seen beds! Though having said that, we have also located some 'normal' (ie modest British-sized) beds and tomorrow I shall go and buy one.
ReplyDeleteYou might have snow - we had an earthquake last night. How glad am I that I couldn't sleep and so was awake to feel it (just).
ReplyDeleteHello from West Coast.
ReplyDeletePeople have come up to me here to laugh about your earthquake - "Ooh 5 on the Richter scale? Really? How frightneing for you"
However, will somebody in Linton please check that we still have two chimneys at our old home?