Personally I would rather listen to somebody proclaiming the end of the world, which is lucky as that is what the local talk radio station apparently specialises in. "Tune to Doom" Albaniana calls it. Last night it was powerful solar flares that are sure to get us in the next few years. The night before we were told civilization would inevitably break down any day soon due to bird flu, and that we should start storing up tins of baked beans now (and getting some guns to defend them with).
Which is all rather bad news, but on the plus side the weather's looking up. We are predicted temperatures in the mid 50s by Tuesday, which is an improvement on last Thursday's high of 10F, but not as good as the Jan 6th record high of 71F (set in 2007). I can also tell you we've had 34.1 inches of snow this winter, but I fear it may not be around much longer. I shall be sorry to see it go.
By the way, we went skating again today.
Good grief, all this bowling and skating is wearing me out just reading about it. You'll be performing the Bolero soon. I'm finding it hard to drag myself off the settee to get crack open another mini pack of discount truffles from Waitrose (down from 99p to 5p!).
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you all.